Oh lordy lordy – it’s happening again! Slaygon, Marcel and Boz fly and drive over to the Church of Reyn and destroy his expensive musical equipment as he tries to remain professional and play your SID requests live!
It’s the second ADSR, the first one almost exactly a year ago (where did THAT year go?!), so it’s definitely time to invade your ears and sensibility with random japery in the Netherlands.
Join us from 20:00 CEST here on SLAY Radio and get your requests played!
Fascinating Fact: ADSR stands for both “Attack, Decay, Suspend, Release”, the kind of volume envelope used in the SID, but also “Alistair, Donné, Slaygon, Reyn”, the four eejits you’ll hear over the virtual airwaves.
So you probably realised there wasn’t a BBB last night – sorry about that! My body’s still fighting the remaining cold bugs I caught a little while ago and it’s just making me tired to the point that I’m crashing into bed at 20:00 every night this week.
But hopefully after a week’s work of extended sleep I’ll be back on my feet and ready for another BBB next Wednesday!
Just to tell you guys that the BBB is a little different this week. Instead of the usual Wednesday show, I’m broadcasting what I’m calling the Valentine’s Day Massacre, for all of you who want to say “BAH!” to the over-commercialised day of telling the one you love something you should be telling them all the time, not on a “special” day through a lovey-dovey card thank you very much Hallmark…
Ahem… so come join me at 20:00 USRT on Saturday February 14!
Yes, so you may have realised that I cancelled the BBB at the last minute last night. It was due to equipment failure caused by me[*]. Apologies for the lack of communication but I was trying all the way up to 19:55 to get everything working.
But I will hopefully see you next Wednesday as usual. In the meantime, because I had actually gotten it prepared, I have added the 20:30 spiel at the end of this post (the “On This Day” blurb that I usually do).
Have a good week!
[*] I decided to replace the HD in my Mac on my own, rather than taking it to Apple Care. In my ineptitude I think I’ve knocked one of the temperature sensors out of its socket, which makes the Mac think that the monitor is overheating if it’s even one degree over room temperature. As a safety precaution the Mac keeps the monitor off upon boot-up, so I can’t see anything!
Welcome to the BBB for Wednesday January 28, 2015! This is the 28th day of the year, with 337 days remaining in 2015.
ON THIS DAY
- 1547 – Henry VIII dies. His nine-year-old son, Edward VI becomes King, and the first Protestant ruler of England.
- 1624 – Sir Thomas Warner founds the first British colony in the Caribbean, on the island of Saint Kitts.
- 1813 – Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice is first published in the United Kingdom.
- 1896 – Walter Arnold of East Peckham, Kent becomes the first person to be convicted of speeding. He was fined 1 shilling, plus costs, for speeding at 8 mph (13 km/h), thus exceeding the contemporary speed limit of 2 mph (3.2 km/h).
- 1917 – Municipally-owned streetcars take to the streets of San Francisco.
- 1935 – Iceland becomes the first Western country to legalize therapeutic abortion.
- 1956 – Elvis Presley makes his first US television appearance
- 1958 – The Lego company patents the design of its Lego bricks, still compatible with bricks produced today.
- 1965 – The current design of the Flag of Canada is chosen by an act of Parliament.
- 1985 – Supergroup USA for Africa (United Support of Artists for Africa) records the hit single We Are the World, to help raise funds for Ethiopian famine relief.
- 1986 – Space Shuttle program: STS-51-L mission – Space Shuttle Challenger explodes after liftoff killing all seven astronauts on board.
- 1457 – Henry VII of England (d. 1509)
- 1918 – Harry Corbett, English puppeteer (d. 1989)
- 1929 – Acker Bilk, English singer and clarinet player (d. 2014)
- 1944 – Bobby Ball, English comedian, actor, and singer
- 1981 – Elijah Wood, American actor
Yep, just ordinary. Nothing special at alWAIT WHAT?